Thursday, March 24, 2011

It Rains in California...

Photo Credit

It's storming outside.  Wind, rain and lightening have all shown up for the party.  For those of you who think it never rains in California... you're so wrong.  We even had hail for about 5 minutes last night... not so bueno for my radish seedlings I just transplanted outside.  I had a few broken leaves this morning, and my asparagus ferns were swaying violently against it's trellis.  The first day of spring was a week ago, and it hasn't stopped raining.  I've been pulling weeds in between periods of storming.  Yes, I've been squishing through the mud, taking full advantage of the forgiving wet soil. 

Hank's favorite pastime is sunbathing, so he's not a happy puppy.  He spent most of the morning staring out the window into the rainy abyss, and now he's taken to moping in the corner.  It's a rough life when you're stuck inside.  

I, unfortunately, have to return to work today.  I must make the 45 minute drive to work, amongst the bad drivers and horrible conditions.  My husband is off of work today, and I am longing to take a nap with him and the dog.  Instead I'm cooking for the week, and finishing up laundry.  *sigh*

Rain, rain, please go away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...