Thursday, June 25, 2009

The downside of being a NICU nurse...

I've been a NICU nurse for 3 years now, and most of the time it's positive and extremely rewarding, but it only takes one bad day to throw you up against a wall and spoil your spirit...
I got a call at 7am this morning telling me the baby I was taking care of for the past two weeks died last night. He was having such a good weekend... he was sick, but stable... and that phone call seriously jilted me...

My prayers are with his family, who lost their son way too soon... They gave him love and whispered sweet words in his ears while he slept. I can't even begin to imagine what they must be going through, but I hope they enjoyed what little time they had with their lovely boy...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...