Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 11: Customer Profiles

Etsy is my all-time favorite place to shop... baby showers, Christmas, birthdays, PHL supplies, etc... I have a weakness for cuteness at bargain prices.  I would rather support a small business owner, and fellow crafter, than go to Target a get whatever is on sale.  I've been buying a lot on Etsy, lately... Just yesterday I bought 28 yards, of 14 different Amy Butler patterns, for $6 a yard... umm, can you say SCORE?  Very very soon I will have a ETSY shop spotlight of my recent favorites... tune in for that loveliness.

Customer service is a big plus, and I love that ETSY provides one-on-one contact between the buyer and the seller... mucho importante!!  In an attempt to maintain positive customer service, I contacted two of my lastest customers, and asked them to give me feedback on their comissioned pieces.  Here's what they had to say.


Becca
My first customer is Rebecca, a friend of mine that wanted a handmade piece for her bedroom.  At the time we were both inspired by the changing leaves of the fall season, so I created "Miss Becca".  

"Jess had been telling me about her art work, and showed me several of her pieces. I commissioned her as an artist because I loved her use of mixed media, and whimsical style.  I enjoy buying hand made pieces for the unique look that I know no one else has.  I love my piece! We spent quite a bit of time discussing my preferences so it is exactly what I wanted.  The colors in the painting look beautiful and Jess really captured what I was looking for."

Mary

My second customer is Maija, a co-worker, who commission a one-of-a-kind piece for a charity event's silent auction.  I made "Mary", who has become one of my favorite paintings.

"The other team members and I were extremely happy. It reflected the cause (breast cancer) and the women who are dealing with it.  Jess's art reflects spontaneity and individuality. They are one of a kind. Handmade items have their own spirit."

Thank you ladies for taking time to answer my questions.  Don't forget... I do commissions!!! Contact me if your in the market for something new to spice up your life :)





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...