Saturday, October 2, 2010

PeachHoneyPreemie

If I didn't mention already, I'm starting a new venture.... the production of a NICU-friendly preemie clothing line. I know... it's a big task, but dang it I can't help myself. I started another blog... come check it out! Follow me... I'm always happy to share my journey with people willing to join the ride.

I'm gearing up for the official launch of PeachPoneyPreemie... no, there's no big party... I'm just referring to the party in my head :). I'm just so stinkin' excited!! Don't mind me... just some dorky behavior happening. My kitchen table has become "seamstress central" and it's full of partially done projects all for PHP. I could just scream... from excitement.

I never realized how hard it was to transform a drawing of, say, "The Snappy Dresser" (an actual dress in the PHP line... cute, don'tcha think) into an actual article of clothing. Thankfully, I have my mother-in-law (seamstress guru to the stars) to help... she's been wonderful. From giving me a sewing basics refresher course, to physically walking me through my first shirt construction (start to finish), she has made the process seem a lot less terrifying. It feels wonderful to be surrounded by people who love and support your dreams.... and that means you, all my "Flying Lessons" classmates... you have been awesome!!! Thanks guys, it means the world!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Good luck with your new venture. That seems like quite an undertaking, but I'm sure you'll do great.

Jess said...

Thanks Suzanne!!! Your support means the world!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...