Monday, July 7, 2008

Three Things to Love... about Thrift Stores

My first installment of something I hope to continue throughout my blogging years... (something I completely stole from Ali Edwards... love her...)
Three Things to Love...

...About Thrift Stores
I stopped by the thrift store by my parents house in Cameron Park this weekend, and reaffirmed my belief that thrift stores are the perfect place to buy things you need... These are my lovely finds... for cheap...

1. Mason jars and glass bottles... to store paint brushes, pens, and all those other things you have no place for... each glass jar or bottle was only 30 cents...


2. Old books... I use them for not only decoration, but also use in my mixed media/collage pieces... This five book set is a collection of old books including The Aeneid... Each book was only $2...


3. Old clothing patterns... to also use in my mixed media/collage pieces... when layered with beeswax and other mediums they produce this wonderful transparent look that lets me reveal little tidbits of items hiding below... love it!!!... each pattern envelope was 30 cents...

Go check out some of your local thrift stores... you are sure to find little treasures for mere pennies... Happy Hunting!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...