Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Polly... Italy... Crap!!!

So I finally finished my polly from Suzi Blu's class... the class is over and I'm so sad... that was BY FAR the best class I've ever taken... I'll miss the weekly Suzi Love videos... so many techniques... so much love... Her mixed media network is still up and running, and we have tons of creative godesses to play with!!!... So much fun...

Anyway, here's my finished Polly... my favorite part of mixed media is how versitile it is... you can use whatever you have lying around!!!... in this painting alone I used woodburning, colored pencils, acrylic paint (three different brands), stencils, stamps, tissue paper, scrapbook paper, paper flowers, gold leaf, and beeswax... Tons of fun beautiful layers!!!... I can't even explain how much fun I had working on this piece... anyway, enough of my babbling... here she is!!!



I finally started working on my Italy scrapbook from 2007 (ummm... yea... a little late)... and thanks to the espresso I bought from that trip (mixed with a little sugar-free Swiss Miss hot chocolate... OMG so friggin' good!!) I have gotten the first three pages done before work over the last couple days... still have to work on the journaling... I may have to take Jessica Sprague's new FREE CLASS to get the ideas flowin'... I'll post my finished pages in a few days...
On another note... I am FUTURE TRIPPIN'!!! (a new term I picked up from my Karen)... with the economy the way it is and my CNA contract due to be renegotiated in 2011 (I know, I know... and little early to be flippin' out), I'm just a little worried (ok, ok... A LOT worried) about the future of my job and wages... anyway, just thought I would share my thoughts... enjoy your weekend...

Oh, by the way, my 30 mile ride turned into 12 miles... so, yea, I'm pretty pathetic, but Natalie assured me that she's going to start kickin' my ass, so we're doing a whopping 15 miles next time... I'm still hoping for some motivation to stick with it...

I love you my Honeybush!!!... Muah!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...