Friday, April 3, 2009

Three things to love about Spring

It's going to rain this weekend and into next week so I'm taking a look around at all the beautiful things I love about spring, hoping it will come to stay (and scare away the rain... Rain Rain go away... come again NEXT YEAR!!)...

1. White carnations... I've been completely obsessed with these lovely blooms, and you can find them sprinkled in cute glass jars all over the apartment. They're so fresh and clean... and add a little simple elegance to our humble abode.

2. This tree!!! There are a bunch throughout my apartment complex... they're so happy!!! I want to paint them... can't decide on a background yet... any suggestions?

3. Sipping tea outside at the Starbucks around the corner... I'm so so lucky to have one in walking distance, so I pop in my iPod, grab a book, and head out. There is a perfect balance of warm sun and cool breeze.


Joseph and I are going to a mixed media art show this weekend in Woodland, and we are so excited... I love that he takes an interest in things I'm passionate about, and there's nothing better than holding his hand while looking at beautiful art. I haven't been to an art show in years and I think it's just what I need to get started on my doll collection. I want to change up her face a little, and give her some kind of distinguishing feature that makes her me... just haven't decided what that's gonna be...

I also have to get started on a commissioned piece for a charity auction happening in May... yeah, I'm a little bit of a procrastinator... hopefully the creative juices will flow after the art show...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...